Maldevta Dehradun Entry Fee
- No Entry Fee
Maldevta Dehradun Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 49 reviews
Maldevta Dehradun Address: Maldevta Road, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, 248008, India
A popular picnic spot in Dehradun, Maldevta is a quaint hamlet that offers nature in utmost abundance along with the lush-green great Himalayas in the backdrop. It’s a good place for nature buffs to spend some time in serenity and create some unforgettable memories for a lifetime, without any disturbance of the maddening city crowd.
Take a stroll and observe the chirping of the birds. The beautiful river flowing through the thick shrubbery is the highlight of this tourist attraction. You can unwind and sit for hours by the riverside to refresh and re-energize yourself. If you’re up for some adventure, you can also engage in activities like swimming, biking, and cycling to add some fun to your trip. Overall, it won’t be wrong to say that Maldevta is a place that attracts all sorts of tourists. So, whether you’re looking for a leisure or recreational experience, you’ll get a mix of everything here.
Things to do at Maldevta, Dehradun
Out of several things to do at Maldevta, there are a few you must indulge in. These are as follows:
1. Trekking: Trek through the virgin trails of Maldevta and explore the tiny hamlets to bring out the best of thrill in you. Heaven for trekkers, the serene location lures wanderers and adventure seekers in large numbers every year to engage in little adventure and spot the wilderness on the go.
2. Take Blessings at Maldevta Temple: Visit Maldevta Temple to feel the positivity from the inside out. It’s another star attraction that deserves your presence for sure. To reach the temple, you need to take a few steps upward to bow your head in faith.
3. Camping: Enjoy camping around the area for a fun-filled experience. Surrounded by dense forests, this site invites campers to pitch their tents, light a bonfire to have fun with their dear ones, and wake up to a view that is worth gazing for. You can also prepare your food by the riverside in case you wish to have a freshly-cooked meal.
4. Photography: Lastly, you cannot miss capturing the amazing photos of the pristine beauty this place has to offer for shutterbugs of all age groups. With a stunning backdrop, one can take as many shots of nature as one wants. This place can also be used for pre-wedding and post-wedding shoots as well.
In addition to all this, you can also go on a sightseeing tour of the nearby places like The Gurkha Fort, Kalinga War Memorial, St. Francis Church, and the Nalapani Fort. Many shopping areas including the Paltan Bazaar and Tibetan Market are also there for shopaholics interested in buying some souvenirs on their Dehradun tour.
Entry Fee and Timings of Maldevta, Dehradun
Entry to Maldevta is free for everyone. Speaking of its timings, this location remains open all day long for its visitors but the recommended slot to soak in its beauty would be from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Once it is dark, the wild animals usually come out of their hideout places, which could be dangerous for you and your loved ones. Hence, we advise people to leave the place before the sun sets.
Travel Tips for Maldevta, Dehradun
- Don’t play loud music as it can harm the ears of the wild animals thriving in and around the area.
- Carry enough food and drinking water from the en-route restaurants to keep your appetite full and hydrated. There is no facility of food-joints nearby Maldevta.
- Refrain from littering the place. Make sure to take all the waste with you and dispose of it in the dustbin after reaching home.
Best Time to Visit Maldevta, Dehradun
As the weather remains pleasant all around the year, tourists in Dehradun can explore Maldevta at any time. However, if you’re looking to make the most of your visit, you can plan to pay heed to it during the summer season i.e., from April to July. Maldevta is popularly known for its riverine, making it a go-to spot for tourists to relax, chill, and take a refreshing dip in the water.
How to Reach Maldevta, Dehradun?
Lying 17 km away from Clock Tower and approximately 21 km away from Dehradun ISBT, Maldevta can be easily accessed by people through local transport. You can choose to travel in an auto-rickshaw or a bus or simply hire a private taxi from the list of top car rental companies in Dehradun for a hassle-free experience within the city. Please note that Maldevta is only 32 km away from Jolly Grant Airport and 18 km from Dehradun Railway Station.
Have the best time of your life on your Dehradun tour with our all-inclusive Dehradun tour packages. We at Dehradun Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, present our diverse clientele with a range of travel packages. Our travel packages can also be altered as per your holiday budget, duration, and other requirements. You need to tell us what you want to include in your Dehradun Holiday Package and we will be happy with the inclusions for you. Please fill out the Contact Us form for more details.